In order to facilitate the meeting’s organization, we should start working on three aspects:
- General call and meeting objectives: A text that will function as starting point and as a analytical frame. We can work on it on a pad and discuss it on the next mumble meeting on Friday 5th.
- Program and contents: We have established a first deadline for proposals next Monday 8th October. After that, we will have some time to close details. We are trying to have a first draft of the contents for next week. You will find below a guide trying to clarify each space of discussion. The forms will be updated athttp://99agora.net/
- Logistics: We will acept accommodation requests until the 15th of October, please fulfill this form as soon as you can: http://99agora.net/
- Communication of the event: We have uploaded the banners in the websitehttp://99agora.net/
workgroups/communications/and we have a FAQs with the main points translated in several languages: http://99agora.net/ , a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ pages/99agora/401517693234391 with an event http://www.facebook.com/ events/479227915441298/and a Twitter account: @99_agora here we will post the news. permalink/479227928774630/
We believe that in the actual context of restriction of, implementation of austerity measures and financial bail-outs that are deployed through the whole Europe but affect particullary the countries of the European periphery (the so-call PIIGS) there is a growing need of meeting, coordinating and working together with other groups and collectives beyond the local and national scales.
Therefore, the intention of this encuentro is to create a space in which we can share the stories and histories of different experiences (in round tables), to generate analitical and propositional mechanisms (workshops) and coordinate possible common actions and interventions for the next months (working groups).
- Round tables will gather around the three working-areas (debt, rights and democracy) and will consist in a check-in round of 15-minutes (aprox) followed by discussion and debate. To propose an intervention in the round tables we need to receive: title of the intervention, the person or group that is going to lead it (inlcuding webs or other information) and a summary of it (no more than 150 words). The tables will be organized by related topics with a maximum of two per axis.
- The workshops are practical spaces with specific objectives and methodologies. To coordinate the workshops we need to know: the title of the workshop, who is going to lead it, the methodology (presumptions and objectives), the approximate length and minimun and maximun number of participants.
- The working groups will be made on site based on the composition of the workshops and round tables. Their task will be to collect the proposals produced in the different panels and workshops. An action& coordination plan will be suggested and discussed at the general assambly on Sunday.
Desde la Plataforma Ciudadana por la Auditoria Ciudadana (PACD), hemos unido fuerzas con varios colectivos en torno al eje Deuda para construir una estrategia, dinámica y calendario común (con Florencia 10+10 en mente) y con el objetivo de construir una resistencia internacional unida frente a la agenda neoliberal.
From the Citizen Debt Audit Platform in Spain (PACD), we have worked on convergence with different groups in the Debt axis in order to be able to come up with common strategies, dynamics and calender (with Florence10+10 in mind) and the objective of building a united international resistance movement to face the neoliberal agenda.